The staff at The Red Barn have a special vantage point for seeing the unique trials faced by parents of children with special needs. Parenting is difficult even if your child is typical, but it is “a whole different ball game” when your child faces challenges every day that most people do not face in their whole lives.
For this reason, our amazing intern Emily Davidson put together a list of resources for our parents and anyone else who could benefit! This great information has been written by other people and agencies and we do not own any of the following content, but we do hope that this is helpful for the parents of our students.
- 10 Reasons Special Needs Parents Should Join a Support Group
- Parenting a Special Needs Child
- Mental Health Benefits: State Laws Mandating or Regulating
- 7 Things You Don’t Know About a Special Needs Parent
- Parent to Parent USA/Alabama
- National Autism Academy Offers Free 7-Part Video Series for Parents of Autistic Children
- Special Needs Kids Don’t Need Special Parents
- 20 Things Every Parent of Kids with Special Needs Should Hear
- Caring for Siblings of Children with Special Needs
- Disciplining Your Child with Special Needs